Professional Advisors eResource
Community Foundations of Canada developed Professional Advisors eResource to promote charitable giving and make it easier for financial and legal professionals to raise the subject of giving with their clients.
Research shows that only 7% of Canadians would leave money to charity in their will, if left to their own devices. However, if the issue is raised with them, perhaps when drawing up a will or financial plan, the figure rises to 27% - more than a three-fold increase.
Professional Advisors eResource is designed to share CFC’s charitable expertise with financial planners, lawyers, accountants and others, so they can work more effectively with their clients on a topic that may be relatively new to them.
SSCF Professional Advisor Brochure
Canadian Charitable Gift Matrix
- Provide professional advisors with the tools they need to help their clients fulfill their charitable goals
- Connect professional advisors and their clients to community foundations and local charitable causes
- Promote charitable giving
- Presents the rationale for raising the issue of charitable giving along with suggestions for "Asking the Giving Question"
- Helps tailor strategies the individual with "Overview of the Life Stages of Giving" - what type of giving makes sense at various stages
- Takes the guesswork out of gift options with "Gift Planning Matrix," describing the features and benefits of various gift instruments