An endowment or Forever Fund is where money is pooled and permanently invested as capital and the annual interest earned is used for charitable purposes through a grant making or distribution process.
- Name the fund after a loved one, a special person or your family.
- Access expert knowledge about how to wisely support causes you care about.
- Experience the joy of a private foundation with none of the hassle and all of the benefits.
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts.
- SSCF Funds are professionally managed – this typically results in higher returns and reduced management fees.
- Assets are transferred to a fund at the SSCF benefit from shared legal, audit and investment fees.
- We are transparent and reputable stewards of community resources, committed to being accountable, accessible and responsive.
- Designated Recipients must be an eligible recipient as per the CRA, typically a charity.
1) Donor Advised – Support projects or programs you find meaningful. You take an active role in the decision-making process year upon year.
2) Donor Designated – Provide stable and lasting support to the charitable organization(s) of your choice.
3) Community Building – Address our community’s immediate and future needs. Funds respond to grant applications received through the Foundation’s Community Grants program.
4) Field of Interest – Make a lasting impact on a specific community need or interest area that is important to you.
5) Scholarship – Help generations of local students pursue their educational dreams for the future.
For non-cash assets a donation to a Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT) could make sense:
- A CRT allows you to arrange your gift today and receive an immediate tax receipt while enjoying the income, or use, of the gifted asset for your lifetime. A Charitable Remainder Trust that is established during the life of the donor will not be subject to probate taxes.
If you have questions or for more information, please contact our office.
Main Line: (306) 751-4756
Updated: July 23rd, 2018