Lorne and Evelyn Johnson Foundation grants $102,820
13 grant recipients announced from fall 2018 deadline
(November 26, 2018) – The Lorne and Evelyn Johnson Foundation has granted $102,820 to 13 charities in Regina and the immediate area.
The Lorne and Evelyn Johnson Foundation is a private foundation whose grant process is administered in conjunction with the South Saskatchewan Community Foundation (SSCF). Visit here to learn more about applying for funding in the future.
The 13 successful applicants to the fall 2018 Lorne and Evelyn Johnson Foundation granting deadline were:
- Carmichael Outreach for $10,000
- Family Service Regina Inc. for $7,098
- Mother Teresa Middle School Inc. for $15,000
- Muscular Dystrophy Canada for $3,000
- Music Heals Charitable Foundation for $5,000
- Rainbow Youth Centre Inc. for $20,000
- Ranch Ehrlo Society for $5,000
- SCEP Centre Society (Regina) for $6,000
- SOFIA House Inc. for $10,000
- The Big Sky Centre for Learning and Being Astonished! Inc for $3,000
- The Salvation Army Prairie Division – Waterston Centre for $3,222
- The YMCA of Moose Jaw for $5,500
- The YWCA of Regina for $10,000
Congratulations to the recipients!
The Lorne and Evelyn Johnson Foundation was established in 1962 with the objective of furthering the religious, educational, and cultural life of Regina and the Province of Saskatchewan. The Johnsons saw the Foundation as a way for them to continue to support those activities in which they had participated and for so long enjoyed. Lorne and Evelyn were very involved in the Regina community throughout their lives. Their legacy of generosity continues today through the Lorne and Evelyn Johnson Foundation.
For additional information and media inquiries, please contact:
Executive Assistant and Communications Coordinator
South Saskatchewan Community Foundation