Click to expand.
November 26, 2021 – SSCF Anonymous Donor Steps Forward to Assist Carmichael Outreach
An anonymous donor through the South Saskatchewan Community Foundation (SSCF) has generously
provided $14,000 to Carmichael Outreach Inc. to help the organization with its ongoing programming
and recovery from its losses during a recent break–in.
June 29, 2020 – Emergency Response Fund for Community Needs
Community Rallies to Help Emergent Needs – Approximately $1 Million Granted to 34 Organizations (part three – final list)
June 22, 2020 – Government of Canada Emergency Community Support Fund
SSCF Awards $902,450 in Grants through the Government of Canada Emergency Community Support Fund
May 22, 2020 – Government of Canada Emergency Community Support Fund
SSCF Takes Part in New Government of Canada $350M Emergency Community Support Fund
May 1, 2020 – Emergency Response Fund for Community Needs
Community Rallies to Help with Emergent Needs – Nearly $1 Million Now Granted to 32 Organizations (part two)
April 15, 2020 – Emergency Response Fund for Community Needs
Initial Recipients Announced for SSCF Emergency Response Fund for Community Needs (part one)
January 20, 2020 – “Shannon Lee Simmons: taking the worry out of dealing with finances”
January 9, 2020
- “SSCF and RBC Foundation Announce Grant to Youth Group in Fort Qu’Appelle”
- “SSCF and RBC Foundation Announce Grant to Youth Group in Indian Head”
- “SSCF and RBC Foundation Announce Grant to Youth Group in Stoughton”
December 20, 2019 – Fall 2019 Grant Recipients Announced
November 12, 2019 – National Philanthropy Day Outstanding Legacy Award to Don & Claire Kramer
October 7, 2019 – SSCF Employment Opportunity – Granting and Marketing Manager – Now Closed
October 2, 2019 – “SSCF Releases Report From 50 Vital Community Conversations Program”
- 56 conversations were held by 47 organizations and they had plenty to share about their community.
July 19, 2019
- SSCF Employment Opportunity – Administrative Officer – Now Closed
June 5, 2019 – “SSCF Joins RBC Future Launch Community Challenge”
- Youth in southern Saskatchewan invited to put their boldest ideas and solutions forward to address local needs.
- Read the coverage from the Estevan Mercury on the three Vital Community Conversations being hosted in Estevan.
February 8, 2019 – “Moffat Family Fund Increases, Applications Process Opens.”
- Discover Moose Jaw covers the Moffat Family Fund application process. All applications are due on Feb. 28th, 2019.
February 4, 2019 – SSCF anticipates over 50 Vital Community Conversations
- Communities across southern Saskatchewan respond to the call.
February 4, 2019 – Spring Grant Deadlines Announced
- Increased funds available from the Moffat Family Fund.
December 6, 2018 – Celebrating 50th anniversary, SSCF launches new program
- SSCF’s 50 Vital Community Conversations will uncover community needs across southern Saskatchewan.
November 29, 2018 – Thank You Thursday; New Fund Donates Inaugural Grant
- Joyce Gemmell Jessen Habitat Conservation Fund grants to protect 100 acres of critically important Saskatchewan waterfowl breeding habitat.
November 27, 2018 (Happy Giving Tuesday!) – Bill and Helen Davidson Foundation Fund Donates Piano
- Piano installation at a Weyburn nursing home continues donor’s lifelong love of music.
November 26, 2018 – Lorne and Evelyn Johnson Foundation grants $102,820
- 13 grant recipients announced from fall 2018 deadline.
- Clark and Anne established a fund that would support dear charities forever.
November 14, 2018 – Former SSCF Board Treasurer Robert Perry Wins National Philanthropy Day Award
- Perry wins in category of Outstanding Individual Volunteer.
November 5, 2018 – G. Murray and Edna Forbes Foundation Fund grants $104,596
- Grants support 10 charities improving lives across Saskatchewan.
November 1, 2018 – Smart & Caring Fund Grants Announced (Fall 2018)
- $18,860 granted to 11 charitable programs.
October 24, 2018 – Executive Director Announcement
- Donna Ziegler joins SSCF as Executive Director on Dec. 3, 2018.
October 11, 2018 – “South Sask. Community Foundation placing special focus on reconciliation”
- The Regina Leader-Post covers SSCF’s Oct. 4, 2018 Vital Signs launch.
October 7, 2018 – “Report offers ‘snapshot’ into community need in south Sask.”
- 980 CJME reports on SSCF’s Vital Signs report and its findings.
October 4, 2018 – SSCF Launches 2018 Regina and South Saskatchewan Vital Signs® Report
- 2018 report focuses on pursuing reconciliation, welcoming newcomers, and building economic inclusion.
August 31, 2018 – “South Sask. Community Foundation helps good people do great things”
- SSCF is profiled in QC.
- From the Regina Leader-Post: the MacKenzie Art Gallery receives its largest donation in history (to be endowed at the South Saskatchewan Community Foundation).
June 27, 2018 – “Moffat Family Fund Provides Support to Local Agencies”
- A Discover Moose Jaw report on the Moffat Family Fund’s granting to the City of Moose Jaw and District.