The South Saskatchewan Community Foundation (SSCF) serves as a bridge between donors and charities in Regina and in southern Saskatchewan. We believe in facilitating Saskatchewan philanthropy, supporting local charities, and developing our community so that our home is a more vital, strong, and fair place to live, work, and play.
We are seeking a highly professional, detailed-oriented, self-starter that enjoys managing a full calendar and has experience with the administrative side of Board governance. With a “can-do” attitude, this role will also have other duties that involve support to various other senior staff.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, this position is responsible to act as a primary source of administrative, logistical and organizational support to the Executive Director, and is the primary contact for the Board of Directors. The Administrative Officer will also provide support in event management, gathering data, tracking project initiatives as required This position will support the SSCF office in administrative duties, document retention and donor relations.
- Coordinates the administrative responsibilities for the SSCF office and works closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Ensures there is organized and timely support for events, meetings and general office management.
- Works with Executive Director to ensure governance matters and committee meetings with the board are proactively and effectively organized, supported and recorded.
- Coordinate with staff, consultants or Director(s) on event organization.
- Administer input for Community Relationship Management (CRM) database as assigned for campaigns/activities, general input.
- Oversee document retention and updating electronic and print document organizational procedures.
- Administer incoming/outgoing documents associated with other Directors and Executive Director.
- Coordinate travel and maintain expense claims of Executive Director and assist the Board of Directors with claims.
- Applying excellent editing and writing skills in reviewing new resources, documentation, and contracts developed for current and new stakeholders.
- Coordinate and support the Finance and Administration Director with financials/audit information as required including scanning and filing.
- Front office duties including greeting guests as they arrive at the office, answer, screen, and forward incoming calls and emails as appropriate, provide receipts as necessary, ensure the reception area is tidy and presentable with all the necessary brochures and office materials.
- Order office supplies and keep an inventory of stock.
- Update general calendar and schedule staff meetings.
- Keep an updated record of petty cash transactions and balance account each week, do bank deposits.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing or scanning as directed.
- Assist with all other general duties as requested, including backing up and supporting the grants coordinator when necessary or during peak granting times and special events.
Board of Directors Support:
- Executive Coordinator for Foundation’s Board of Directors providing support in dealing with and responding to all correspondence, email and telephone inquiries for the Board of Directors.
- Organize, and attend all Board (including AGM) and regularly scheduled Committee meetings including:
- Preparing, coordinating, organizing and distributing materials relevant to Board and Committee meetings on a timely basis;
- Ensuring appropriate technology is available, catering and other requirements are in place;
- Assisting the Chair of the respective Committee as required.
- Prepare Board and Committee meeting minutes (Governance, Finance, Community Investment and Stewardship, Nominating), and other committees as needed;
- Arranges Board and Board Committee meetings logistics and confirms Board member attendance, obtain appropriate signatures for documents.
- On behalf of the ED, monitors any follow up action arising from the Board meeting minutes.
- Coordinates and provides administrative support for the Board’s strategic planning activities, including preparation/editing of supporting documentation.
- Certificate from formal education and training in business and or office administration.
- Event management/coordination experience of minimum 2 years.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Positive customer service attitude, efficient time management skills, and clear problem-solving abilities.
- Experience and sound knowledge of the principles of office administration including, Microsoft Office Suite, and proper business communication formatting including merges.
- Experience working with the administrative side of Board governance an asset.
- Experience required in working with Community Relationship Management database systems.
- Experience in creating excel spreadsheets.
- Previous experience with a community-based or non-profit organization is an asset.
- Ability to work in a small team environment.
- Ability to use discernment and diplomacy, professional appearance.
- High proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive as issues arise.
Please submit your resume in confidence by August 6, 2019, at 5 pm to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title and your name in the subject line of the email. (eg. Job Title, First Name, Last Name)
Due to an expected high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your time and consideration of the South Saskatchewan Community Foundation