Join SSCF Board of Directors
Expression of Interest: South Saskatchewan Community Foundation (SSCF) Board of Directors
Are you a change maker looking to impact the philanthropic sector in southern Saskatchewan? Are you interested in joining the SSCF Board of Directors? Do you know a community-minded individual that would be a great addition to the SSCF Board? We are currently inviting expressions of interest.
SSCF is committed to building and supporting a stronger and more vital community where everyone belongs. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community and we seek board members to reflect our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
The Foundation has a professional staff team that offers a broad understanding of the business, including financial expertise, planned giving and the ability to bridge donor desires with community need. We work hard to understand the issues within our community through research, meeting with charities regularly and connecting with community leaders.
SSCF administers over 120 funds and oversees an asset base of nearly $100 million. We are trusted to represent donors and fund holders wishes today and forever through endowed and non-endowed funds.
The Foundation is actively engaged in the south Saskatchewan community and works with community leaders to bring forward solutions that will improve the community well-being right where we live, work and play.
For consideration on the Board, you can email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The SSCF Nominating Committee will review all applications and selected applicants may be contacted for additional information and/or for an interview. A criminal record check will be a conditional requirement for a position on our Board.
SSCF is seeking nominees with a broad range of skills, perspectives and expertise. The Nominating Committee welcomes applications with:
- A diversity of lived experience, including grassroots experience;
- Accounting and financial expertise;
- Investment expertise;
- Legal expertise;
- Individuals with network leadership experience.
- Contribute skills and expertise to advance SSCF’s purpose;
- Participate in approximately 6 Board meetings per year (combination of in-person and virtual at this time);
- Participate in at least one SSCF committee aligned with interests and expertise;
- Act as an ambassador for SSCF;
- The estimated time for board members to carry out their duties is between 35 – 70 hours per year;
- Fulfill a three-year term in office starting July 1st;
- Directors may hold up to two consecutive terms.