The Saskatchewan Consortium announces the second round of Government of Canada’s Investment Readiness Program recipients by awarding $333,350 to nine social purpose organizations within Saskatchewan.
Both rounds of funding combined for a total of $736,700 to 20 organizations within Saskatchewan. Click here to view the results of round one.
The IRP is designed to help social purpose organizations scale up their social enterprises to prepare to accept investments. The eventual goal is for these organizations to be able to participate in the social finance market and generate a return for investors while having a positive impact on their communities.
Of the recipients supported by Community Foundations of Canada’s Saskatchewan Consortium, six were distributed by SSCF for a total of $208,350. All nine recipients are listed below:
- $50,000 – Oxford House Saskatchewan Preparation for Readiness and Execution;
- $20,000 – Prairie Harm Reduction;
- $49,850 – Catholic Family Services of Saskatoon;
- $30,000 – Meewasin Valley Authority;
- $20,000 – The United Church of Canada;
- $38,500 – Saskatchewan Roughrider Foundation;
- $20,000 – Brain Snacks Co.;
- $95,000 – Saskatchewan Co-operative Fisheries Ltd.;
- $10,000 – Prince Albert Science Centre.
This project is part of the Investment Readiness Program.