The Online Grant Portal will be open for applications as of Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 2:30pm and closes April 1, 2020 at 11:45pm.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the application process.
During this unprecedented time of need, community members have come together to create a new source of funding to respond to imminent and future unanticipated front-line needs and emergencies we are currently facing.
The purpose of the Emergency Respond Fund is to provide financial support to the community in south Saskatchewan where a need has been identified related to COVID-19. It is intended to address gaps in areas like food and shelter shortages, as well as meeting the needs of children and the most vulnerable.
It is anticipated that immediate and longer-term needs will exceed the available funds.
Grants will be made based on need and the availability of funding.
AVAILABLE GRANT AMOUNT
• Up to $50,000 per organization
WHO CAN APPLY?
A registered charity – registered with Canada Revenue Agency and a Department of National Revenue Taxation Charity Registration number is an eligibility requirement. If the applicant is not registered, the applicant is required to have a formal partner with charitable status and a form agreement with the partner.
WHAT NEED CAN YOU APPLY FOR?
• Must be charitable in nature;
• Must be for the benefit of the south Saskatchewan community; and
• Must provide direct response and support to those affected by COVID-19, as per the Fund purpose.
WHAT NEED CAN YOU NOT APPLY FOR?
• To build an endowment, contingencies, repay debts or loans;
• To primarily benefit individuals (scholarships);
• To support initiatives without specific benefit to south Saskatchewan;
• To support religious activities or services that focus on only one spiritual tradition;
• To support political activity or activity that is prohibited by the Canada Revenue Agency;
• To support fundraising, advertising or marketing activities; or
• To support activities that promote discrimination or that do not comply with SSCF policy.
HOW TO APPLY
- Read the guidelines and assess your program/project eligibility as listed above.
- Contact the SSCF to ensure eligibility within the opening of the next one-week application window.
- Submissions are to be made to the South Saskatchewan Community Foundation (SSCF) by using its Online Grant Portal:
- Create a login profile with your contact information and that of your organization;
- In advance of finalizing your application through the Online Grant Portal:
- Download and complete the required Grant Budget Form so that you are prepared to upload it as part of your complete application.
- Ensure any other pertinent materials that you wish to include as part of your application are ready to upload in electronic form.
• The requests for grant support typically exceed the amount of funds available for worthy activities.
• Applications are assessed by a special community committee and approved by SSCF’s Board of Directors.
• SSCF may update and revise its program information at any time.
WHAT ARE THE REPORTING REQUIREMENTS?
Final reports are required 30 days after completion of the activities and include the following:
• What did you do? How did it compare to what you thought you were going to do?
• What did you learn?
• Share 1 – 2 stories of impact of your work.
• A minimal budget reconciliation.
WHEN WILL YOU KNOW THE RESULTS OF YOUR APPLICATION?
Staff may contact you to discuss your application. Best efforts will be made to provide notification as quickly as possible if your application was approved or denied.
Applications are only considered, and any grant will only be available, as funds are made available.
As matched funds are available to warrant an in-take process, a one-week application window will be opened.
Please check the SSCF website and stay in touch with SSCF through Facebook and LinkedIn for updates regarding this Fund.