Scholarships, Bursaries & Awards
The SSCF works with generous individuals, families, companies and organizations to establish scholarship, bursary and award funds to benefit deserving individuals. Once the donor and the organization of their choice have finalized the award criteria, that organization or institution works together with SSCF to meet the intent of the donor:
- The organization or institution administers the application and selection process, and may be involved in presenting the award to the recipient
- SSCF ensures that the funding of the scholarship, bursary or award meets the donor’s, the organization’s and SSCF’s requirements (including any required reporting to the donor, the payment of the award, and the amount and timing of payments)
Current Scholarships, Bursaries & Awards
Additional information about each award, including applications, can be found through the links below to the organizational partners who administer the awards.
- Eligible applicants: Students attending Campion College
- Eligible applicants: Students attending Central Collegiate or Peacock Collegiate in Moose Jaw
The Donavon Puttick Memorial Scholarship was established in honour of Donavon Puttick, who lost his battle with mental illness at the age of 16.
Despite his own struggles, Donavon was known among his friends and family as someone who could be relied on to help talk others out from their own darkness or self-doubt. He was kind, fair, and perceptive to others emotions well beyond his 16 years.
In establishing this scholarship, Donavon’s mom hopes to help reduce stigma around mental illness by encouraging mental health awareness among our youth and supporting students who are active in this area.
Students will be selected by school staff based on demonstrated support of mental health awareness and/or initiatives. Involvement may be formal or informal. There is no requirement to be registered in post-secondary education.
- Eligible applicants: Students attending First Nations University of Canada
- Eligible applicants: Open to established professional writers of fiction with a significant body of published work, recognition and awards. Authors must describe their connection to Saskatchewan (e.g., whether born in the province, currently living there, or developed a career while residing there) and be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Eligible applicants: Students attending Lumsden High School
- Eligible applicants: Members of Paramedics with Heart who are currently PCPs looking to advance their education to become Advanced Care Paramedics.
- Eligible applicants: Eligible Applicants: Writer(s) attending the Sage Hill’s Writing Summer Course.
- Eligible applicants:
The award will be presented annually to a student who meets the following criteria:
- Is a permanent resident of the province of Saskatchewan.
- Is currently enrolled in Grade 12 in a Saskatchewan secondary school.
- Has been accepted into or has applied to a post-secondary athletic therapy or athletic therapy related program.
- Has shown initiative in gaining athletic therapy or kinesiology experience.
- Is actively involved in his or her respective community through volunteering or other community initiatives.
- Participation in local sport would be preferred but is not required.
- Displays examples of perseverance and passion towards helping others as well as the willingness to learn and work effectively with others.
The Second Lieutenant Andrew Naismith Benevolent Fund Bursary
- Eligible applicants: Applicants should be children of a member who is serving, or served, at 15 Wing Moose Jaw, and provide the member’s name, rank, and service number upon application. Priority will be given to children of members who perished while serving at 15 Wing, in honour of the namesake of the Fund. Applicants must provide proof of acceptance into a program from a recognized post-secondary educational institution under the Canadian Income Tax Act. Applicants must provide a, maximum 1000 word, essay describing themselves, academic plans, financial need, and why they should receive the bursary, as well as any of the following topics to strengthen the application: academic standing, community service, work experience, or extra-curricular activities.
- Eligible applicants: Nursing students attending the University of Regina
- Eligible applicants: Students with a declared Major in English at the University of Regina
- Eligible applicants: Students enrolled in the Faculty of Arts Honours English Program at the University of Regina
- Eligible applicants: Students enrolled in the School of Journalism attending the University of Regina
- Eligible applicants: Students registered in the Faculty of Arts Masters English Program at the University of Regina
- Eligible applicants: Students registered in the Faculty of Media, Art and Performance at the University of Regina
- Eligible applicants: Petroleum Systems Engineering students attending the University of Regina
- Eligible applicants: Engineering students attending the University of Regina
- Eligible applicants: Faculty of Social Work students attending the University of Regina
- Eligible applicants: Nursing students attending the University of Saskatchewan
- Eligible applicants: Law students attending the University of Saskatchewan
- Eligible applicants: Engineering graduate students attending the University of Saskatchewan
- Eligible applicants: Students attending St. Thomas More College at the University of Saskatchewan
- Eligible applicants: Engineering students attending the University of Saskatchewan
- Eligible applicants: Students who are 17 years of age and over and who have a permanent residence in Moose Jaw or the South Saskatchewan Enterprise Region, for an eligible program of study in the artistic disciplines of Drama, Dance (Contemporary or Traditional), Musical Theatre (live voice and dance), Instrumental, Vocal, Literature (including writing, journalism, screen writing).
We're Here to Help!
Do you have questions about applying for grants or scholarships? Curious about deadlines or would like more information?
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
For more information, contact: